- Oil for frying
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion and garlic. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, egg, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper along with the sauteed onion and garlic. Blend until it forms a dough.
- Create little balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 390 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the pasta sauce. Combine with the meatballs and serve.