- Oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion, garlic and carrot. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add lentils, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and parsley along with the sauteed vegetables. Grind until it becomes a dough.
- Create little balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add the barbecue sauce and heat through. Combine with the meatballs and serve.