- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 can whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F with pizza stone inside on the second rack from the top.
- Stretch out the dough on a floured workspace.
- Blend tomatoes on low in the blender with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a small bowl. Ladle the sauce onto the dough evenly.
- Break up the cheese and place around the pie.
- Thinly slice the lemons and place whole slices around the pie. Thinly slice garlic and add those on top as well. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer pie to floured paddle.
- Just before pizza goes into oven, switch to full blast broil. Slide pizza onto stone. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until crust is golden. Remove from oven.
- Top with hot pepper flakes, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately!