- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cardamom
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup solid ghee
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together ghee and sugar until light and fluffy
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, semolina, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Whisk to combine.Pour ghee/sugar mixture into flour mixture, and gently mix until no flour can be seen.
- Roll 1 1/2-inch diameter balls, and place them on the lined baking tray, ensuring there's space between each ball. The cookies will expand as they bake.
- Poke your knuckle into the top of each ball, and place a few pieces of pistachio on top.
- Chill cookies for 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. (The cookies will not brown significantly.)
- Allow to cool overnight, or at least 2 hours before peeling off parchment paper. Enjoy!