- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 7 egg yolks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 7 egg whites, beaten
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 3 round cake pans with butter and flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, crushed walnuts and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks, sugar and oil. Beat with a hand mixer until combined. Alternate adding the water and flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture.
- When the mixture is well incorporated, fold in the beaten egg whites and sprinkle in the baking powder. Stir to combine. Divide mixture among prepared pans, and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a sauce pot over medium-low heat, add the condensed milk, butter and nuts.
- Stir until the mixture begins to loosen from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and continue stirring until the mixture loosens from the bottom of the pan again.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites, gradually add 1 cup sugar, and continue to beat at high speed until a firm meringue forms.
- Set aside.
- On a serving dish, place one cake layer cover with a layer of walnut brigadeiro.
- Add another cake layer on top, cover with the rest of the brigadeiro and finish with the last cake layer.
- Cover the whole cake with the meringue and brown with a torch.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE