Watermelon Cheesecake Pudding
Watermelon vanilla cake with a Oreo cheesecake pudding
- 100g Watermelon, frozen
- 215g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 132g sugar
- 187ml milk
- 65ml oil
- 60g butter
- 1tbsp yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops teal food gel
- 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk powder
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food gel
- 3 drops pink food gel
- 3 tbsp Oreos, crushed
- 1 drop teal food gel
- ½ cup mini choc chips, for decoration
- Add chopped watermelon in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Add to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140C (280F) or 160C (320F) for a conventional oven.
- Spray a 9x9 inch square cake tin with oil and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix together using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next add the softened butter and mix on low speed until mixture reaches a crumbly sand like texture.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, frozen watermelon, teal food gel, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until no dry ingredients are showing. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill the cake tin with batter.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before using a round cookie cutter the same size as the bottom of your serving cup to cut out discs of cakes. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake pudding add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk powder, cream and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Take out about ¼ of the mixture and place in a small mixing bowl. Colour with teal food gel and mix until well combined.
- Add the crushed Oreos, red and pink food gel to the rest of the cheesecake and mix until well combined.
- Add the green cheesecake to a small piping bag and snip off the end. Add the red cheesecake to a large piping bag fitted with an open star tip.
- Add the discs of cake into your serving glasses. Pipe a ring of light green cheesecake on top before piping a swirl of red cheesecake on top.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips to finish.
- Can be made the day before. Store in an airtight container and chill in the fridge.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE