- About 4 oranges, lemons or grapefruit
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skins of the citrus into strips.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and blanch strips for 10 seconds.
- For a less bitter candy, rinse, repeat the process one more time.
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil along with the blanched skins.
- Simmer on low about 30 minutes, until the skins are soft and the syrup is thick and reduced.
- Toss candied strips in 1/2 cup of sugar to coat all sides.
- Let dry on a wire rack.