- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Place the butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Dollop tablespoon-sized pieces of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.