- 8 small peaches
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 4 toffees
- 1 beaten egg, for egg wash
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pink food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 cup caster (super-fine) sugar
- Mint leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Stone the peaches using an apple corer, then add them to the boiling water. Blanch them for 3 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water and gently rub off the skins.
- When the peaches have cooled, cut four large triangles from the pie crusts and position a peach on each one. Put two toffees into the core of each peach, then seal the pastry around it using egg wash on the seams. Place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees. Bake the pies for 30 minutes, then let them cool slightly while you make the simple syrup.
- In a saucepan, add the water and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar has dissolved, then let it come to a boil before taking off the heat and dividing between 2 small mixing bowls.
- Color one of the bowls yellow and the other one pink. Put the caster sugar into another bowl.
- Dip the baked pies in the yellow color on one side and pink on the other, then put them straight into the caster sugar and spoon the sugar over them. Place on a serving plate and decorate with mint leaves before serving.