- Black wild rice
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 orange or multicolored bell pepper
- 8-10 strawberries, quartered
- A container of mixed color cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Add half a bag of wild rice to a pot, along with double the amount of water called for on the bag's directions. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the cauliflower into large, thin slices; lay them out on a baking sheet, and add salt and olive oil. Cook at 400°F until slightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- De-seed the bell pepper and cut thin julienned pieces the long way. Add peppers to a large mixing bowl, add the quartered strawberries, the halved cherry tomatoes and a clove of finely minced garlic.
- Fold the almonds in a dish towel and beat them with a pot, or cut them up on a cutting board, and add to the bowl.
- When the cauliflower and rice are done, add them to the bowl. Add dressing, mint and salt to taste. Serve immediately or at room temp.
- In a Mason jar, combine the juice of 2 lemons with 3x more olive oil and a tablespoon of Dijon; shake to combine.