- 1 wheel of sausage for grilling
- 2 onions, cut into strips
- 7 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 cup grated provolone
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Barbecue sauce, to serve
- In a frying pan with a little olive oil, brown the sausage on both sides (or grill sausages). Finish cooking in an oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Once cool, cut into long pieces.
- Sauté the onions until golden. Set aside. Sauté the mushrooms separately. Set aside.
- Cut the puff pastry into rectangles large enough to wrap the sausage.
- Lay out a puff pastry rectangle. Add a little onion, mushrooms and sausage, sprinkle with grated cheese and wrap pastry around to close. Add a few slits for steam, then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until brown. Serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.