- 350 grams cake crumbs
- 1/2 cup frosting
- Candy melts, melted (any colour!)
- Combine the cake crumbs and frosting and mix until the mixture is sticky and holds together easily. Roll into balls and place on a plate lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer until stiff, about 1 hour.
- Re-shape the cake into balls.
- Dip lollipop sticks into some candy melts and stick into the bottom of the cake pops. Once the candy melts have set, dunk the entire cake pop into the candy melts, fully coating it. Transfer to the fridge until the candy melts have set.
- Place the remaining candy melts in piping bags fitted with small, round tips and pipe stripes all over the surface. Once you have piped stripes in one direction, allow them to stiffen, then pipe in the other direction, to look like a wound ball of wool.
- You can keep the cake pops on the sticks, or gently twist the sticks out and serve them in mini cupcake liners. They look very much like balls of yarn this way!