- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Next, add the eggs, vanilla and whole milk. Mix again. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter into 3 equal parts. Add melted milk chocolate into one and melted dark chocolate into another. Leave the third batter plain.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of vanilla cake batter directly into the center of the cake pan. It will spread out a little bit. Next, add 1/4 cup of the milk chocolate cake batter directly onto the vanilla batter. Repeat with the dark chocolate batter. Repeat these steps, alternating the vanilla and two chocolates, until all of the batter is in the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center of cake is set. Allow to cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!