Zucchini Muffins With Pistachio Crumble
A tangy, moist zucchini muffin flavored with orange with a sweet and crumbly pistachio top.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Greek-style full-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, grated* (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the egg and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the butter and orange zest and whisk again until combined. Whisk in the yogurt and milk. Sift in the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir to combine, then fold in the zucchini.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, and top with crumb topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out with dry crumbs.
- Cool muffins in the tin before serving.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pistachios, salt and butter until fully combined. Set aside.