Swap out the tortillas for sliced zucchini and you have a lighter version of the classic shredded chicken enchilada.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 4 zucchini
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon plain greek yogurt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir until combined. Cook until onion is translucent, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce, and the chopped cilantro, and stir to combine.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices using a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- Lay out 4 slices of the zucchini, slightly overlapping.
- Top with a spoonful of the chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up and carefully transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the zucchini enchiladas and then sprinkle with the Monterrey jack cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with greek yogurt and cilantro.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE