- 1 ricotta
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise
- Black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- In a food processor, blend the ricotta, basil and olive oil to make a paste. Season with salt and set aside.
- Lay out 2 slices of zucchini side by side, allowing them to overlap. Season with pepper, then dip in flour, then in eggs. Fry in oil until well browned.
- Transfer to a cutting board and top fried zucchini with a portion of the filling. Roll into a cylinder. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Arrange zucchini rolls in a baking dish, and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve zucchini over a portion of tomato sauce.