Zucchini Pizza Crust
A better pizza crust, presented to you by the zucchini.
- 4 to 6 zucchini, grated (to yield 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone.
- In a large bowl, toss the grated zucchini with the kosher salt and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini by wrapping it up in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Discard the liquid.
- Place the zucchini into a bowl and add the parmesan, flour, goat cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, and eggs. Incorporate all of the ingredients together.
- Place the zucchini mixture onto a piece of tin foil and lightly grease with olive oil. Set on something solid that will make it easy to transfer into the oven.
- Spread the zucchini mixture to form a circle about 1/3 inch thick. Form the edges up so that it forms an outer 'crust.'
- Once the crust has been shaped, transfer on the tin foil onto the heated pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
- Top the pizza with sauce and any additional toppings that you'd like.
- Once the toppings are on, transfer the pizza on the tin foil back onto the heated pizza stone in the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes until cheese melts.