- 6 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 4 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup rice vinegar, for dipping
- ⅛ cup soy sauce, for dipping
- Make the chicken filling: In a medium-size bowl, toss shredded cabbage with 3 ½ tablespoons salt and let sit for up to 10 minutes. Drain liquid and dry cabbage and set aside. In a large bowl combine chicken, scallions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and strained cabbage. Mix until combined and set aside while you prepare the zucchini.
- Assemble the dumplings: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise. Arrange the zucchini strips (four per dumpling) in a + shape and then an X shape over the cross. Cover with lemon juice to keep from browning as you assemble the dumplings. Place 1 ½ tablespoons of filing in the center and wrap the zucchini strips around the filling to cover completely. Repeat until all filling is used up and bake for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is golden and firm. Serve with rice vinegar and soy sauce.